Seems like a bargain...where do I pay?
Saturday, May 23, 2009
The recession - it's fun, yeah? Sigh. I know. We're all feeling the pain. My nice job? It went bye-bye. My nice house? Lost to foreclosure. My fancy stuff? Sold it on craigslist.
And you know what? I don't even miss most of it. This isn't all bad. In fact, there's been a lot of good. A gut check. Figuring out what's really important and all that good stuff. And here's what I really miss, now that I'm flat broke:
1. A DVR - Last week I missed the end of the American Idol finale 'cause I had to switch over to see the beginning of The Ultimate Fighter. I hate having to make Sophie's Choice. Oh - I hate having to watch commercials too.
2. Bikini waxes - Shaving does not achieve the same look and feel. 'Nuff said.
3. Fancy soap - I bought some cheap soap at the health food store and now my bathroom smells like hippies. Gross.
4. Good wine - Oh. Yeah. That $7.95 1.5L bottle of Vendage is AWESOME. Really. I love it. It's super. Really.
5. Traveling - I used to go places. And see things. I can still do that, of course. Just within a much, much smaller area....and not overnight.... and it ain't quite the same.
Ok - pity party is over. Next time I'll write about things are better in a cheaper form - yeah, right.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
So - I may be starting a new career in film. The moving kind; as opposed to the still kind, which has always been my BFF. I am trying to break into the production side of the house and just went to something called the "PA Academy". It taught me to be early (which I always am anyway) and to keep my mouth shut.....And to pick up trash. ....All very critical skills, to be sure! In all seriousness, it was very informative AND I got to learn walkie-talkie lingo and etiquette which I always wanted to know!
My BF is a writer/director and has a screenplay getting some nice attention currently. Hopefully, it will get made and I'll get to work on that....In the meantime, I am looking for PA work and desperate to get some real experience. It is so strange to be a newbie at something, to try and start over again. I love it, but it is weird....feels like the first day of school.
The BF may be entering the 48 Hour Film Festival - which means we'd be making a film start to finish in - you guessed it - 48 hours! Just the thought makes me wonder where to get a large quantity of (in order of desirability); coke, or adderall, or meth, or Hydroxycut. Ha Ha! Just kidding! I'm sure caffeine and adrenaline can get me through.....This is going to be interesting....
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Last Saturday I took the BF to The Earl to see Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and they slaughtered it! Seriously amazing show - if they come to your town, ya gotta check them out. It is a crazy, freaky, noise-filled performance that will leave you saying, "WTF?" and "Wow!" here's some pics....