Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My life in film...

So - I may be starting a new career in film. The moving kind; as opposed to the still kind, which has always been my BFF. I am trying to break into the production side of the house and just went to something called the "PA Academy". It taught me to be early (which I always am anyway) and to keep my mouth shut.....And to pick up trash. ....All very critical skills, to be sure! In all seriousness, it was very informative AND I got to learn walkie-talkie lingo and etiquette which I always wanted to know!
My BF is a writer/director and has a screenplay getting some nice attention currently. Hopefully, it will get made and I'll get to work on that....In the meantime, I am looking for PA work and desperate to get some real experience. It is so strange to be a newbie at something, to try and start over again. I love it, but it is weird....feels like the first day of school.
The BF may be entering the 48 Hour Film Festival - which means we'd be making a film start to finish in - you guessed it - 48 hours! Just the thought makes me wonder where to get a large quantity of (in order of desirability); coke, or adderall, or meth, or Hydroxycut. Ha Ha! Just kidding! I'm sure caffeine and adrenaline can get me through.....This is going to be interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment