Saturday, May 23, 2009

Things I miss now that I'm poor (again)

The recession - it's fun, yeah? Sigh. I know. We're all feeling the pain. My nice job? It went bye-bye. My nice house? Lost to foreclosure. My fancy stuff? Sold it on craigslist.
And you know what? I don't even miss most of it. This isn't all bad. In fact, there's been a lot of good. A gut check. Figuring out what's really important and all that good stuff. And here's what I really miss, now that I'm flat broke:
1. A DVR - Last week I missed the end of the American Idol finale 'cause I had to switch over to see the beginning of The Ultimate Fighter. I hate having to make Sophie's Choice. Oh - I hate having to watch commercials too.
2. Bikini waxes - Shaving does not achieve the same look and feel. 'Nuff said.
3. Fancy soap - I bought some cheap soap at the health food store and now my bathroom smells like hippies. Gross.
4. Good wine - Oh. Yeah. That $7.95 1.5L bottle of Vendage is AWESOME. Really. I love it. It's super. Really.
5. Traveling - I used to go places. And see things. I can still do that, of course. Just within a much, much smaller area....and not overnight.... and it ain't quite the same.
Ok - pity party is over. Next time I'll write about things are better in a cheaper form - yeah, right.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Sorry to read about the face plant. Best I can come up with is almost breaking my ankle getting out of a cab in OC, CA on the beach with a colleague, falling to my knee. All of course as a result of a great happy hour with no food. Can anybody say "I am fine don't look at me and laugh!"

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious and so true. I miss expertly prepared latte, magazines when they first come out, and $10 cocktails for "research." xoxo
    Susan/Honey
    www.entreprenew.blogspot.com
    www.hive-marketing.com

    ReplyDelete